Regional Training Fund
In order to receive funds, a regional training program must meet the following general criteria:
- Should address one or more of the Texas City Management Association (TCMA) adopted Essential Practices.
- Should not be scheduled to interfere with regularly scheduled statewide TCMA or TML training programs (such as the TCMA Annual Conference, William
KingCole program, or TCMA City Management Clinic).
- Should be at least two hours long
- Eligible expenses include speaker fees and travel, and rental or purchase of multimedia programs such as books, videos, interactive CD programs, etc. (purchased programs become TCMA's property for use by all regions.)
- Regions will be asked to complete a short program evaluation to help TCMA determine the application of the program on a larger scale.
- Additionally, funds may be requested to assist regional in transition members and university students with attendance at TCMA or TML educational events.
- Democratic Responsiveness
- Organizational Planning and Management
- Policy Formation
- Service Delivery
- Staff Effectiveness
- Strategic Leadership
A total of $5,000 in Regional Training Funds has been allocated for July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020. Grants will be available on a first come, first served basis. To apply, please view the Regional Training Fund Application (PDF).
1. The maximum request per training program is $1,000 per region.
2. Geographically close regions are encouraged to submit joint requests. Surplus funding requests submitted cooperatively from at least two regions will be given priority over those submitted individually.
3. Awards will be reimbursed based on reasonable receipts submitted for reasonable speaker travel and fees, video purchases, etc.
- Seminar: Managing by Results
- Guest speaker: Becky Brooks-Grimm
- Seminar: Situational Leadership
- Guest speaker: Chris Hartung
- Fundraiser luncheon for annual Russian/American Festival (networking with Russian counterparts):
- Organizational Planning and Management/Communication
- Guest speaker: Lou Fox
- Two-day Retreat
- Donation of four $250 William
KingCole workshop scholarships