Sponsorship & Endorsement Guidelines
The sponsorship and endorsement guidelines were adopted on April 19, 2013 (updated January 27, 2017)
- The purpose and values of the requesting sponsor are consistent with the Texas City Management Association (TCMA).
- The program content is relevant and timely for the membership of TCMA.
- The proposed event does not conflict in time (within 30 days) or audience with a TCMA or TML event.
- TCMA will be involved in developing the program.
- TCMA has the opportunity to review and comment upon promotional materials including speakers and pricing prior to printing and distribution.
- TCMA is provided an option to negotiate in the sharing of the net revenues of the proposed event.
- A list of attendees as well as an evaluation summary is provided to TCMA.
- A formal request must be submitted to TCMA outlining what involvement would be expected of TCMA.
- TCMA may consider sponsorship of an event held during national conferences such as the TCMA hosted Texas Reception during the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) Annual Conference. Sponsor(s) will be limited to the extent of their promotional material as determined by the TCMA Executive Committee.
- Only events meeting these guidelines will be considered for sponsorship, endorsement, or for promotion through the TCMA.
- Members of TCMA who are
in serviceare to adhere to the TCMA Code of Ethics and do not solicit sponsorships. The Board has approved that a TCMA Senior Advisor can assist with TCMA Annual Conference Sponsorships.
- TCMA does not partner, promote, or manage scholarships for private organizations.