The TCMA Code of Ethics requires two hours of ethics training every two years as a condition of continued membership in TCMA. By December 31, all Full and Associate TCMA members must attend a TCMA or International City/County Management Association (ICMA), or TML course. This course was developed by the TCMA Ethics Committee and addresses the major points of the TCMA Code of Ethics.
Online & In-Person Courses
The TCMA Board also decided that, as a requirement for a TCMA membership application to be considered for approval, individuals must take the TCMA online ethics course and attach the course completion email verification to their TCMA membership application. Individuals can also attend the William
King Cole Session 1 Workshop and attach their ethics certificate to their membership application.
- Online Ethics 101 (Fulfills the requirement for new member applications or the required two hours every two years for Full and Associate members)
- Online Ethics 201 (Fulfills the required two hours every two years for Full and Associate members only)
- Online Ethics 202 (Fulfills the required two hours every two years for Full and Associate members only)
King Cole Session 1 Workshop
- TCMA Annual Conference ethics session
- City Management Clinic (when offered)
- TCMA Regions can schedule ethics training with a Certified Ethics Trainer
- ICMA ethics course
- TML ethics course